1. For what and how is Overbooking used?
In this section we explain what and how to use the Overbooking form for.
Before you can use the Overbooking module, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have categories for different types of rooms.
- Being connected to a channel manager.
- Make sure that this function has been activated.
3 For what?
Overbooking is a useful feature for blocking rooms in a particular category or for selling more rooms than are actually available.
When this function is activated for a room category, an additional line appears in the Online Cockpit.
3 How is it used?
Overbooking provides two types of input that you can enter:
- Positive number (A): by entering 1, for example, a room is added to the quotas, allowing one more room to be sold than is actually available. For example, by entering 1 (A.1) in the corresponding cell, even if you have only 1 free room (A.2), the result will be 2 available rooms (A.3).
- Negative number (B): by entering, for example, -1, a room is removed from the contingents, allowing a room of that category to be used outside the channel manager. For example, by entering -1 (B.1) in the corresponding cell, even if you have 1 free room (B.2), the result will be 0 available rooms (B.3).
- No number or‘0‘ (C): in this case, no changes are made.
! Attention !
It is important to use the Overbooking form with caution, as incorrect use can easily lead to overbooking situations.